Saturday, March 5, 2011

[17] Spring Race Schedule


Race: Credit Union Cherry Blossom 5K
Date: Sunday, April 3, 2011 @8:40AM
Location: Washington, DC

Distance: 5K [ Map ]
Gear: iPhone/ Nike+GPS (No Headphones)
Fashion: Disney Princess 1/2 Tech Shirt

Notes: Currently searching for a hotel along one of the subway lines, so I don't have to pay an arm & leg for something in the downtown area. Mom is coming to hang out with me and see the cherry blossoms, so I have to find something for Friday afternoon until Monday morning. The Health and Fitness Expo is only on Saturday, so if I can manage to get into town on Friday by lunch time, then we'll have time to explore and rest up before and after pick up on Saturday. Currently, trying to see what events will be held that weekend, so we can maximize the time together.

Initially, I intended on running the 10 Mile, but I was unsure of meeting the pacing requirement. My 15K split from the Disney Princess 1/2 was 2:05:00, but I would need to fit in another kilometer and hope I can finish it in under two hours twenty minutes. If I can improve my pacing over the next year, perhaps I will try it next year.


Race: Japan Run @Central Park [ Details ]
Date: Sunday, May 8, 2011 @8:00AM

Location: Central Park, NYC

Distance: 4Mi
Gear: Nike+ SportBand & Polar WearLink+
Fashion: Cherry Blossom 5K Tech Shirt

Notes: Last year, this event was scheduled on the same day as the Japan Day Festival in Central Park, this year, both events are pushed up to May, but are held on separate days. I'll finally be able to put my NYRR membership to use and start working toward getting into the NYC Marathon for 2012. I may need to run more short races between now and then, so I can meet their requirement. I will need to either sort out accommodation for the night before or brace myself for a very early start on Sunday morning. If I can stay over the night before, I can pick up my race packet without making a second trip to the city.

Either way, I will need to sort out public transport and parking, so I don't have to stress out at the last minute. Hopefully, the weather will be gorgeous by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment