Saturday, December 18, 2010

[o7] Winter Traincation

Come Monday, I'll be getting outta Dodge, and flying down south for the holidays. Looking at my suitcase, my running gear appears to have taken over my every day clothes. Having no big plans scheduled, I haven't given much thought to my casual wardrobe.

Preliminary packing has resulted in the following:
  • Two Pairs of Nike Sneakers (Free Run+ & Zoom Vomero+ 5)
  • One Pair of Nike Benassi JDI Sandals
  • 2010 NWM Storm-FIT Jacket
  • Two Pairs of Nike Tempo Shorts
  • Two Technical Running Shirts: NW1/2M Finisher & Asics ING NYC Marathon
  • Women's Impulse 1/4 Zip Shirt (Orchid Purple) by The North Face
  • UnderArmour Long-Sleeved HeatGear Base Layer & HeatGear Capri Tights
  • Two sports bras, socks, 
  • Oakley Polarized Sunglasses
  • Speedo Bathing suit, goggles, swim cap, and HydroTowel
  • iPod, Nike SportBand+, Headphones, and Polar WearLink+ Heart Rate Monitor
Although, I am running a 5K on the 26th, I am not too concerned with packing all the additional necessities like fuel, snack and such. Those can be picked up when I arrive at home. I am hesitant to avoid packing my muscle balms in case I over train, and need to treat myself to a little extra TLC (and rest). Towel, water bottles, yoga mat, and fitness DVDs are also getting left behind as they are readily available at home. My goal is to travel as lightly, yet prepared for weather shifts, as possible. I want to avoid any unnecessary shopping or borrowing of clothes.

With the start of my training for the Disney Princess Half-Marathon on Sunday, I am quickly realizing that it was much easier to pluck items out of my closet for running than for socializing. I think perhaps the lack of access to a vehicle while I am home is putting a damper on my creativity. Additionally, I am more focused on relaxing and exercising than anything else. Thinking ahead toward summer, I also want to travel to Japan again, so saving money from here on out is priority number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment