Naturally, my technological black thumb returns! After two removals and reinstalls of Nike+ Connect (one for PC and the other for Mac), plus the soft reset of my watch, there is nothing I can do aside from:
- Take it back to the authorized retailer where I purchased it and request an exchange.
- Request a replacement which will take 4-6 weeks.
- Request an advance exchange (new device within 7-10 days, and 30 to mail back current item).
The most disappointing part is that they cannot-- or will not (I'm not sure)-- retrieve the data from the watch and manually upload it to my Nike+ profile. As a result, I lose three runs and a heartbeat workout due to their inability to remedy the software conflits. Honestly, I find this admission by Nike Running extremely disappointing, and I feel simply exchanging the device isn't sufficient. I have been a loyal Nike+ runner for nearly two years, and I have invested and supported the brand by not jumping ship to RunKeeper like many other runners I know. My fierce brand loyalty has resulted in friends and family following suit, so I feel that Nike should be doing more, or risk losing their corner on the running market.
[Running in Limbo]
- 09/09/11: [ 2.0 Mi | 27:39.69 | 13'43" | 220 Cal ]
- 09/10/11: [ Heartbeat Workout: Elliptical | 22:56 | 209 Cal | 154BPM ]
- 09/12/11: [ 3.65Mi | 56:53.73 | 15'35" | 420 Cal | 130 BPM ]
- 09/14/11: [ 2.0 Mi | 26:48.13 | 13'16" | 204 Cal | 131 BPM ]
|No, no we are not. :(|